Tuesday 31 January 2012

The week before

So college, it came eventually, thankfully, thought I was going to go mad waiting. I quit my job a week early to "pack" when I say pack I mean a week of sitting doing very little saying to myself "I should really pack" and my mum saying "make a list of things you want to take with you." I eventually made this list and left it sitting like I usually do. Then finally took action in the last few days. If I remember correctly I started packing and my mum took over because mums know best, it's always that way, I am told to pack as she refused to do it for me so I am fine with that, I start packing and when I am nearly finished my mum will have a look and say no you've done it all wrong and pull out all my work and do it for me all over again. What happened to your packing your own bag!! I have packed many bags and nothing went wrong, it didn't explode but if it isn't how your mum thinks it should be it isn't right and must be fixed or you may get to many wrinkles in your clothes!!!


I should really tell you what college I am at and in relation to my home, I live in the south west of Scotland, just south of Glasgow.  I was heading for South Shields which is just east of Newcastle. Don't assume a person from South Shields is from Newcastle or say to them that they are, you may get into a bit of bother and for your health don't confuse people from Newcastle with people from Sunderland again it causes trouble. Anyway, this college is around about 170-180 miles away from my house well my parents house as such, who knows! I don't know what home is now. So its a fair drive so because of this I changed car from a wee 1.4 petrol Seat Ibiza to a much larger 1.9 Turbo Diesel Seat Toledo or as some of my mates here call it, the old mans car. I choose this for the size/comfort/diesel it's cheaper for the trips up and down than the petrol. It isn't a car I love but I don't hate it, its good for what I need it for.


So this car has a boot big enough that I can fit into, so I packed it full of my gear I had a fair amount. The boot was full with stuff on the back seat. Then I got ready to leave, this was weird, I was moving out but I wasn't moving out, I rent a room in the college halls, not quite a place of my own but I am not in my house, so its in the middle. So I said my goodbyes another weird one really and left for the 3 hour trip down. What I do remember of the trip is it was a very nice day but there was so many cars on the motorway full to the roof with peoples stuff, it seemed like alot of people where heading for colleges/unis down south. I enjoyed the drive anyway and arrived around 3pm and at that I will stop here, and will tell you all about arriving in the next post, drink time can you guess what am going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment