Tuesday 31 January 2012

So that was that

Ok I'm back again, as I say I'm trying to get this up to present time. I can't half waffle on though, got my drink yes diet cola again, this is much easier than a thought it would be.Well I think so it could be a pile of rubbish that everyone is laughing at who knows, but hey I will keep going anyway sooooo where was I ah yes. I had just told my parents and partner I had been accepted, it is safe to say I didn't appear at college that day, I wasn't interested anyway it was stuff I had done at school and well I was to excited. My next move go to my work, to show my manager he had stood by me on what I wanted to do, he wanted me to get it as much as I did. Now to give you an idea how me and my manager got on, yes he was my boss, but he helped me before he took over from the previous manager. When I was between college courses I was the guy he phoned and I would appear 10 minutes later, I needed the money and he needed the help. One of the other assistant managers was convinced I slept in my uniform. As he took over he put me full time and made me a supervisor, but he still came to me with all sorts of jobs, since I had a car he would pay me on my days off to nip to other places for stock, I didn't mind I like driving and I like extra pay, everyone does. He of course was happy for me to, another person asked as a joke, so when do we get rid of you, well that was a good question I had 8 or so months to go before I went anywhere and a college course to finish.


So that was that, sorted my paperwork, uniform, went for my visa (whole other story which I will try to tell some other time) and went for an induction. During all this I finished at college finally, with a few jealous class mates. Then I worked the summer in Burger King, if anything else it helped pass the weeks. During this time my partner had left for South Korea to join her ship and I was at home, working full time with mates also working full time so I didn't see them much. I was also the boats officer for my local Sea Cadet unit, though it didn't go to plan as I wasn't experienced enough and well a hole pile of rubbish I won't be going into as it's boring and I am trying to avoid boring stuff.




So I had to trundle along, counting weeks hours days for my partner to come home and for starting college, I did have one mate who was always there for me though. Do you remember the instructor I mentioned in a earlier post that was also Merchant Navy? Well it is his Partner, she is also an older friend, I seem to hang about with adults much older than me now. Anyway she knew and understood my situation with my partner being away so it was good to talk to her, compared to others who didn't know what it was like. I didn't go on about it, but I had the odd comment "I wish my gf or bf would go away for 4 months" etc etc, this annoyed me as they had no idea what it's like. Anyway I would pop round to hers as much as I could, I was always and still am always welcome round. She has 3 kids as well, 1 is a teenager and 2 young ones, so you always got a laugh. We sometimes talked rubbish about other stuff, or about the Merchant Navy and people being away because at the time my mate was also away on ship so we where exactly the same. So thanks mate for your time and patience. 


One of the only bonus features of my partner being away was being able to work all sorts of shifts and not worry about trying to see her. So it stopped me worrying about sorting time for her and work as much as I could so it worked well I guess. Right time for a rest and sort my notes out for college, will probably do a couple more soon plus I have ran out of Diet Cola!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment