Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Letter

Hey, well last night I didn't manage to get another post done, as I ended up going to bed but I am back to continue the story. Trying to get up to date with your own life takes a while even when trying to shorten out the dull bits. So I am back with another drink to continue. I had just sat my interview and the wait began. I was waiting for a single letter none of the other post mattered I wanted MY letter. I was still at college so I would text my mum around 11-12 every day to check if it had came. We had been told up to two weeks before we hear anything. I started asking my mum two days after the interview. I had heard of guys finding out that quick, so I thought I might be lucky enough to hear just as quick. Time started to frustrate me, it was the old waiting for the kettle to boil idea, why isn't coming. Days felt so much longer I mean the run up to Christmas is quicker when your young compared to how this felt. 




Even though I had college we were only in 3 days maximum 2 full days and 2 half days and Friday was my half day in the afternoon at this point. So I had a lie in, when I eventually got up, I stumbled down stairs as I was still half asleep, but I had one goal check if the post had come, it had, it was a single white letter about A5 sized it was face down so you couldn't tell who it was for or who it was from. I thought I wonder if it is, so of course I picked it up and turned it over to be faced with a letter with my name on the front and the companies name written on the top right hand side, it was, I went to run to my room with it, not that it mattered the house was empty any way, though I didn't make it to my room. I stopped on the top 2 steps and sat down, I didn't want to hang about so I opened it and started reading, I read it so fast trying to find what I wanted to see I missed it, I jumped the paragraph I had to stop myself, go back to the start and read it again to find out, it said it. I was accepted for the HND Engineering route as a trainee officer, it was one of those I can't believe it moments, one of those moments you sit dreaming about deciding what your going to do when it happens. Of course none of what I had dreamt up happened, I reacted more when I got the job in Burger King, I think I was in shock or to stunned to properly react straight away. My next move was to text my mum to find out where she was, I didn't want to just text her to tell her I wanted to proudly show her my letter.


I found out where she was and quickly jumped in the car and drove to her friends house as that's where she was, my dad was with her to. In between this I text my partner saying "I GOT IN" the reply I got was what? what did you get in? I think she thought it was something else to do with a different college, she hadn't thought properly I don't think it helped she was in class trying to learn, once I explained she was overjoyed for me and of course told me "see I told you so" typical eh Anyway I arrived at my mums mates, I calmed myself down a bit and walked in normally no reaction no emotion, I wanted to play this a bit so the serious face went on, I handed her the letter with a very stern look on my face, I could see her trying to read my face for clues she actually looked twice. I had to fight the urge to smile so she took the letter and started to read she quickly saw I had been accepted and jumped up to give me a hug, then tried to claim she could see it all along but I think she didn't, my stern face was to good, everybody was so happy, I had achieved what looked out of reach a few weeks ago. It still didn't feel real of course, it took until I arrived at college to sink in 100%, right drink time I think and then I will get another post going.

No comments:

Post a Comment